02 Mar Celebrating The Cuisine Artisan Awards
Last week we were in Auckland celebrating our win in the 2016 Cuisine Artisan Awards for our Gingerbread Biscuits.
The artisan awards run by Cuisine Magazine are a celebration of small New Zealand food producers. 10 winners are selected by a panel of judges with one supreme winner and runner-up. The awards have been running for eight years and this year we were honoured to have been judged winners from over 60 entries!
Whilst in Auckland we met all the other winners and they are truly talented and dedicated artisans. They were so knowledgeable about their craft, passionate about their products with real understanding of how to bring out the best from the raw ingredients and turn them into amazing products. We were truly inspired.
We had the opportunity to try all of the winning products at the Farro Fresh market day on Saturday and we loved them all. While not all of the winning products are available in Wanaka yet, we hope that they will be sometime soon! Wanaka scooped the awards with both ourselves and other local bakers The People’s Bread judged supreme runner-up for their sourdough bread.
So next time you are at the Wanaka Farmers Market do come and try award winning handmade sourdough bread and gingerbread biscuits. Thank you for supporting your local artisans!
Cuisine Artisan Awards – 2016 Winners
• Supreme Winner: Wellington Chocolate Factory Great War Bar (Wellington), RRP $13.50
• Supreme Runner-Up: The People’s Bread Multigrain Sourdough (Wanaka) RRP $13
• Pembroke Patisserie Gingerbread Biscuits (Wanaka) RRP $8.50
• Duck Island Roasted White Chocolate and Miso Ice Cream (Waikato) RRP $13
• WabiO The Headless Kombucha (Christchurch) RRP $5.50
• Bonnie Canterbury Linseed Oatcakes (Auckland), RRP $8
• Kapiti Artisan Bakehouse Ghost Chilli Ciabatta (Kapiti Coast) RRP $5.49
• Alderson’s Kawa Kawa Salsa Verde (Auckland) RRP $8
• Ludbrook House Merlot Grape Jelly (Northland) RRP $9
• Frank’s Sausages Frankfurters (Waikato) RRP $8.99